View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04

vCash: 500
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...94626/30938115
Quote:
PITTSBURGH IS ON THE CLOCK? No site has been selected for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft yet, but Pittsburgh has stepped to the front of the table as the leader (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review). The city's main foe appears to be the Tampa Bay Lightning. Last year the draft was held in Minnesota. But that's not all the Penguins are up to in the middle of the summer. The team is also going to unveil a Mario Lemieux statue outside of the arena at some point before then. Certainly a worthy gesture.
We haven't hosted the draft yet, so this would be great to have with all the changes being made to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
For the sake of discussion, here's a jersey concept I found/one I created:

The first one is one I found online which I think looks pretty cool (although I'm not sure how I feel about the glowing logo). Then I modified it to look similar to the cup winning jersey. A few differences from the '04 jersey are the inclusion of the current logo and the striping being somewhat different, but overall I think it'd make for a sharp alternate.
I like the '04 jersey on the right. Hopefully they add a black 3rd jersey down the road since the Bolts jersey and our home jersey are both blue. The 10 year cup anniversary and 25th season could be a good time to make a tribute to that original black jersey with the white shoulders. I'd love it if they did.