View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
The dealing of a lot of high quality picks over the last few years has really hurt our system depth. Remember players like Subban, Weber & Patches were picked up with late 1sts that we received from other teams (thank-you SJ) and a 2nd and 3rd. We've been trading our 2nds and 3rds a lot lately. I think the trade for Tinordi was a costly one, since I think we could've gotten a player at least equal to him while keeping the draft picks we gave up.

On top of that Patches, Subban and Weber have all graduated to the big team, so this was bound to be an off-year. If we can keep all our picks for next year's draft then our depth should rebound nicely.

With the average first pairing D-man to above-average 2nd pairing d-man rating, Beaulieu sounds like a player destined to be under-rated. Basically, what I'm hearing from the various sources is that Beaulieu should be a high quality top 4 d-man. Good.

With Subban, Weber, Emelin & Beaulieu we have 4 nice young d-men that bring a variety of skills to our blueline. It sounds like that Didier kid we got in the 4th rd is also a nice pick-up, while Tinordi is a project pick.

Hopefully, Gorges gets signed long term and becomes the veteran presence for the kids that Gill is right now. It seems our blue line depth is fine.

I'm sure in the first round the Habs will take the BPA in 2012 since that's their policy, but hopefully, they make a run on forwards next year as they did with D-men this year.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote