View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet View Post
Everyone keeps putting Gaborik and Richards on the top line. I have no doubt that this will be the first combination attempted but I just don't see it working.

Maybe its because I just don't see Richards as the Gretzky-esk passer everyone on the Ranger boards makes him out to be.

I see Richards as a guy who knows when to get the puck on net. Allowing his line mates to get the garbage goals. In other words, an ideal line mate for Callahan and Dubinsky.

With those three on one line I see gaborik getting the space he needs to work his magic with anisimov.
I think Richards is more of a "sees the open spaces and puts the puck there" player, which should in theory work well with Gaborik, since he's generally good at finding the open spaces without the puck.

Gaborik is also pretty handy with "garbage" goals though...he scores a surprising amount from being around the net, so I wouldn't count him out of that either

But...I think people are maybe thinking about this a little too much. Trying to analyze exactly how a player plays and what other players would exactly fit with that, etc. I think a lot of times it's just how the players get along and if they feel they can read each other well.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote