View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Average age of Ranger skaters 25.86

I just did the math for Ranger skaters and it came out to 25.86. I left out goalies because they both crack the NHL at a later age (more responsible position) and stay longer (don't get slammed into the boards).

I included all the players from last year who are still with us, plus Erixon, Rupp and Brad. I counted Del Zotto instead of Valentenko because I think he will play far more games next year. If you count Valentenko instead of Del Zotto, the average age is exactly 26.0.

Incidentally, the average age of the players we lost (Prospal, Frolov, Rosie, Gilroy, McCabe and Drury) is exactly 32.5.

The average age of those we acquired is 27.33.

The oldest player on the team is Fedotenko, 32. All others are 31 or younger. Feds, Avery, Rupp and Brad are the only ones on the wrong side of 30.

This is very exciting. A very, very young team with no free agent issues for the next two years and no cap problems. If anything, expect the Rangers to add a free agent and to keep on adding rookies (Hagelin, Kreider, Thomas, Lindberg, Weise, McIlrath, Kundratek, Valentenko) which will further relieve the pressure on the salary cap.

I'm so used to the Rangers always being the oldest (and most overpaid) team in the league every year during my whole youth that this is hard to believe.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote