View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
justheducks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I'm not sure if Teemu would like it if we traded Koivu away even if it was clear that Ducks are not going to make it to playoffs (this is ofcourse if Selšnne signs for one more). I know this team isn't about what Teemu wants but one of the big reasons for him to come back is that he gets to play with Saku and it would be a huge slap to the face to take it from him. We are still going to have a lot money for next offseason and I'm thinking that we could sign Saku for third line or fourth line role (for a lot less ofcourse).
I know this sounds bad but who cares? Teemu will retire after this season IF he plays for us this season. Not to mention after some of the mumbo jumbo he has pulled on us in the past I think he will understand when a business choice is made. I don't see Saku staying here past this season either. If I can get a 2011 2nd rounder for saku I am pulling the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat and I don't care what teemu or anyone else thinks about it if I am Bob Murray.
The 2012-2013 season will be the season of the youth movement and Teemu 99.9% won't be apart of that.