View Single Post
Old
07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
smacklby

vCash: 500
Zherdev on Laviolette, Holmgren and his future (CSNPhilly article)

CSN Staff article:

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/29/11/Zh...84&feedID=6572

Quote:
Broad Street Hockey's Teemu translated a Russian interview with Nikolay Zherdev recently that got Zherdev's thoughts on his turbulent 2010-11 season with the Flyers. Here is some of what Zherdev had to say. You should check out the entire conversation here.

On Peter Laviolette:
"Unfortunately, he didn’t have confidence in me. I can’t say that he favors skill-based hockey. Some skilled players received normal ice time from him. But if you talk about me, I was never on the top two lines. It was like that right from the start of the season. So I couldn’t even dream about putting up good numbers."
Z has sooo much talent, and in some ways he seems right. Lavi, Homer, the team never did give him the 'right' opportunities..... rather than Homer complain about him using a car service, how about Lavi or Homer appoint someone from the team to buddy with him and help him transition to the team and to the city. BAD MANAGEMENT. On Z, he does appear to have some attitude issues; you can't always blame, blame, blame others. He needs to step up and take accountability for himself and his actions, more, more, more and all the time. However, he seems partly justified in his attitude -- if I don't like the way I'm treated, I might carry some attitide, too! it's human nature. I put more blame on management (bad management), and always have, regarding Z.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote