Old
07-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I'm sorry, when was he a star OHL goalie? In his only good season? With a .908 S%?
He had the great fortune of being on a couple of powerhouse teams, but I think the bottom line is that he was awful. It's no shame to be beat out by Mason, but Engelage was dramatically better too. Unice just didn't have concentration, rebound control... the Rangers don't seem to be gunshy, though. I thought Maxwell looked pretty awful for them too. Gibson seems to be coming in with much more refined technique/physique, so let's hope that works out better than Unice and Maxwell.

Aside to that, Jack Campbell has looked pretty spotty for Windsor too, compared to his heroics for Team USA, so the whole US U-18 development seems a bit spotty to me. I vaguely recall guys like Joe Palmer and Brad Phillips being kinda washouts too. I don't follow the program at all, just see the WU-18 most years, but my vague impression is that it has been a rough ride for many goalies coming through there. Frazee was solid and is on the brink of perhaps making it, but I don't know who else has panned out even that well?