Old
07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You mean welcome to the USA? Is that any different than Washington DC or any other city in America. Believe me, I think that it is very wrong but Mexico? That is how business gets done in the good ole USA. It is shameful.

What makes the City of Industry proposal the better one? I haven't read enough on the subject to know either way.

While I don't know the detail behind all of it (I've read posts by Diehard about the bed tax but please share), I'd have to imagine that the City was willing to forego some tax revenue for somebody willing to risk billions of dollars on revitalizing the dump that was Downtown LA. Is the tax exemption permanent? They did create jobs too. Just playing devils advocate..

Yeah I tend to agree with everything you said except I don't really care about the Steelers.

Dodger Stadium is nice because of the history but I think of many bad experiences there which have nothing to do with the fans in attendance. One time I stood in a beer line from before the first inning until the 4th inning and I don't even think the game was sold out. I bought some $30 seats once and my knees were smashed against the seat in front of me and I'm 6' tall. I don't get how Angel Stadium which is only a few years older is such a nicer place. I know they renovated it about 10 or 15 years ago after the Rams left and it is almost like a brand new place after. Maybe that is all Dodger stadium needs? Either way, I think the location still sucks.
Dodger Stadium just renovated, the good seats are on the field.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote