View Single Post
Old
07-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
you honestly believe that he will want to sign a 12 year deal? i think hell want another contract or two after he turns 30 to figure out what he wants. Which is to win Championships. I think we have a young playoff caliber team that is 1 or 2 more peices away from being SC contenders and Parise would be 1 of those 2 peices needed. Yea he will cost around 6.5m per year but he would instantly become part of our core. He would be a manageable hit for a year or two until gaborik comes off the books. We could even make trades to stay under the cap bc we now have a steady influx of young players ready to come in and play.. ex - Krieder, Thomas, Hagelin,.. Fasth Lindberg. Idk i think it would be a good problem to have..

I see no other way. Why would he sign a contract at 32 when he can sign it at 28? He would get paid more as a 28 year old than as a 32 year old, and who knows if he gets injured in those 4 years.

If you can sign a 12-year, $85-90 contract, you do it. This will give him about $110 million over the course of his career. Even after taxes, that's still a very nice $60-65 million. And he gets to control his destiny with a No Movement Clause.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote