View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Johnson's work ethic has really improved. I think the fans are down on him because of his outing last night, but.. the team was asleep for the 1st 15 minutes and then woke up. 2 goals were not his fault (great back door effort that Roy wouldn't have saved - 2nd was a rebound in front of the net on the PP from about 5' out). I do think that Johnson (at 26) is/will become a full time starter, but I don't see it happening here in St. Louis because I believe a change of Scenery would do him good.

Flames, I don't think, would offer Leopold - would love to see him in the Blue note, but not going to happen. I don't know much about Ference and Lyndman - but if either can play the point on the PP, I would consider it very easily. (I would ask for a 3rd line forward, but I think you are missing scoring also and we have a ton of grinders).

BTW - the Toronto trade doesn't come close to working for the Blues - Osgood is off to a great start so why do we want 3 goalies and wind up in the same situation as the Wings.