View Single Post
Old
07-30-2011, 06:13 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
One thing we've also learned is that there is a very definite style & mentality that the organization is trying to instill throughout all levels. From everything I've heard, Kovy didn't fit that bill at all. Parise, on the other hand, is pretty much the poster boy for what the Rangers want all their players to become...
Yeah, I don't buy that at all. I would wager my life that if they had the cap space, Kovalchuk would have been a Ranger today. Overseas, there was plenty of talk that Kovalchuk was in discussions with the Rangers, and I'm inclined to believe that. They should never have signed Gaborik, and just waited for Kovalchuk. They were total morons if they had any doubts that Kovalchuk was going to leave Atlanta. Big blunder.

Don't get me wrong, Parise is a better all-around player, smarter, more dedicated, all of that good stuff. Definitely the poser boy for what the Rangers want...and what every team wants. Everybody wants a Parise. I don't think the difference between the two would have stopped the Rangers from getting Kovalchuk if they had the means to do so.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote