View Single Post
Old
07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
The only problem is that we are unlikely to get Parise unless he purposely leads the Devils to believe they can sign him just to make sure that his new team would not be weakened by having to surrender assets to get him. Not sure if he's that tricky.

What I think will happen is that Lou will try to negotiate until February, then will deal him away for whatever assets he can get, which will be significant.

I would gladly trade Anisimov, Kreider, McDonagh and a #1 for Parise, assuming we first sign him, but we will never have a chance to do that because of the rivalry. But I assume another team would be willing to give up 3-4 good young players/prospects for Parise.

The only way we get Parise is if he is dead set on hitting free agency, and even then we are in the mix with another half a dozen teams trying to outbid us.
Too much. Anisimov, choice of Sauer or Del Zotto, the 1st--maybe something else. No need to overpay. The Rangers will be fine on the track they're on with keeping all the above--your deal or mine. There's no guarantee. They might get there faster with Parise or around the same time with the rest. No need to solve the Devils depth problems for them. If he's going to go elsewhere he'll go. And if he's going UFA anyway--try to grab him then and keep all our assets.

I like the idea of high profile UFA's--just not too many and you have to always have a young foundation propping it all up. We'll have room for about one more and you have to figure Staal as well going to be high profile the next time his comes around. You need indians too. The right chiefs and high quality indians. I believe we're doing a good job of that now.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote