View Single Post
Old
09-26-2005, 01:46 AM
teamstag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
Usually, I hate to talk about this kind of stuff because it comes off like I am trying to toot my own horn. This is what my game is all about:

My coach in bantams gave me the "best hands" award. Basically, I am a finesse player and I excel in setting up teammates. I absolutely love to put a pass between the legs of a defender, right on the tape of a teammate and watch him bury it.

My wrist shot is deadly accurate from in the slot, I score a ton of goals from there. Outside of the slot, I am a little weak so, that is where my playmaking ability is valuable.

I also have an arsenal of moves that I use to beat a defender one on one. I don't have very good speed but, I can stickhandle and embarrass a defenseman when I need to.

I hate to sound like I am bragging but, this is my game and, after 25 years of playing this way, I believe I have become quite good at it. Skating is my weakness so, I would have loved to test my skills in a league like the WHL if I could have skated well enough to play there. I am convinced that is all that held me back. If I could skate like Mark Recchi, I could have made a living playing this game.

I was never a physical player and I was what a coach would probably call "soft". That part of the game can be learned though.

Again, sorry for sounding like I am a braggart, this is just as accurate as I can tell it.
Yea, I know what you mean. I didn't want to sound anything like that so I kept mine short.