View Single Post
Old
07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
The Intro to the 1994 Stanley Cup video gave me CHILLS.. I just light up when I hear that intro. I loved it for years. Now? Not so much. But it still means Rangers are on and I get pumped for THAT!

As for the 'Melo commercial, it was mid-season and a HUUUUUUUGE trade that brought him hear after a half season of back and fourth/back and fourth trying to get him and the nets trying to get him. So the commercial rates with the excitement he brought.

As for Brad Richards.. If he came here during that trade deadline (and we lost a lot of pieces like Newy wanted) I believe MSG would have put a big commercial up. But you have to remember ONE THING.. Melo was a New Yorker. He started his first 9 years in new york (his first years of LIFE I mean). He wanted new york. He embraced new york. He is a New Yorker at heart.

Brad Richards? Not so much. He is an awesome center and I am psyched PSYCHED to have him. But he is not a new yorker. In time? He will develop into one. But there's something different when yo GROW UP in New York. Your a different breed. Brad Richards is not that breed. So his hype to NEW YORK ITSELF is not HUGE. To US FANS of the Rangers? Big. To NEW YORK? Not so much.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote