View Single Post
Old
09-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
well that was an ugly one..good recap enoch we saw pretty much the same game...a few observations

..6 frigging pk's in the first period?,jeezus we spent over 11 minutes killing penalties in the first
..strong pk tonight...had to be...lots of shots but mostly forced to the outside..virtually everyone played on the pk and played well
..walker,sullivan,zidlicky,kariya all showed lots of rust early...in fact the first two periods walker and zidlicky played downright poorly..sullivan had bunches of shots(5) during that time but still looked way off his game
..carolina's forecheck gave us some real problems early...we simply could not breakout of our end many times...of course a large a large part of this problem was we couldn't pass the puck early..and when we did we couldn't catch it
..eric staal...20 years old,6' 4"...this guy is going to be a player i tell you..he looked great out there,to me the best looking player they had on ice
..that legwand redirect with the skate goal was large late in the first,after being outshot so badly those first 19 minutes..kept us in the game
..the game was so broken with special team play,that our speed never came into effect...ugly flow to this game..
..face it,perreault is going to be on this team,pretty pass to walks,and then tacks on that empty netter..just a question of do we keep robitaille too now to me..
..kariya-legwand-erat line...didn't get to show off much...but i hope trotz sticks with it
..hall played another strong game(i thought he played well in game one too and should have had timonen's goal then on a redirect)
..i like hordichuk too,this guy is going to fit in
..mason made so many scrambling,bouncing puck ugly saves early..they weren't often pretty,but the puck was pinballing everywhere on their early pp's..vokoun played well,but honestly didn't have as many tough scoring chances against him(until the last 3 minutes or so)
..great to see vokoun shut them down on the shootout,but god those were three ugly shootout attempts by them
..zids little wrister on the so was pretty..he simply held the puck and let gerber slide back in his net and nailed the upper right corner....patience is what most of these shooters need that they haven't learned yet...the way goalies come out so far at first completely shuts down an shot except trying fivehole if you shoot early..and that's what they're trying to get you to do,and they're ready to take it away..but if you just hold the puck and hold the puck,and let the goalie sink back into the net then guys with accurate wristers can try to paint one of the corners
..great crowd for a preseason game..more than 14k and loud for this type of game
..after a great face off game the time before,leggy was weak there(5 for 16)..in fact the whole team was horribly weak in faceoffs early,perreault even lost more than he won(4 for 9),the second half of the game we turned it around here(35 them,29 us)
..smithson had a good game,upshall was very active..i thought suter struggled early and had real trouble with their forechecking,as did klein and zanon...youth showed some here...gamache was quiet and not in the middle of much
..allison getting hurt makes you wonder that if he is forced to sit for a couple/three weeks who makes this team as the 7th dman...of course weber,klein,zanon are the options...i think if that is the case we might well see zanon for the short term,simply to let weber and klein get some time in MIL..but, i can still hope for weber