View Single Post
Old
07-31-2011, 12:19 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Well perhaps I should have made a difference between preparing for the NHL and the quality of the league alone. I mean in Europe they already have a larger surface, that's one disadvantage already.

A player like Anze Kopitar barely netted any points in the SEL. The year there after he had 72 points in the NHL...

The goaltending is better, better defense, more skilled players. Much harder to score in the SEL also. Many skilled Europeans just cant make it because of the physical play in North-America but the level of the league itself is above the AHL.
Yes

Looking at your response I think I could have been being a bit nit picky and in truth didn't want to seem like I was selling the SEL short. I have been to a bunch of SEL games and think that in as far as overall balance of the game (goaltending, intl surface, superior passing to name a couple) that the SEL is the better professional league and should have said that instead of what I did.

Your distinction is more correct, the AHL does a better job at preparing most NA players for the NHL but out of the league's in EU the SEL is by far the most superior in my experience and it also does a great job of providing both a fun game to watch and prepairing players for the NHL as well.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote