View Single Post
07-31-2011, 11:03 PM
vCash: 500
I can identify. This is only my 3rd year as a forward(ex-goalie) and it's like I press the panic button when I get the puck. A couple things I notice watching other players:

1) Head up! It's everything. You see your options and you know where the pressure is coming from. It's only then that you can really evaluate the situation and make the proper play.

2) Move your feet. For many players it's skate, get pass, stop skating. Defenders are already getting into position to defend against you the second the pass is made to you. Moving your feet will buy you a couple extra seconds to make a play.

How long have you been playing? I just think it comes with time and making a conscious decision to try and make smart plays. It's a fine line. Holding onto it longer isn't always the best play. Looks cool in a lower level league or pickup, but if someone was open then you should have passed the puck.

Every shift I tell myself. Head up and keep skating at all times. It's been working for me. Slow going, but I keep getting better.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote