View Single Post
Old
07-31-2011, 11:19 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Well this year probably not but he is far from a lock to play in the NHL. Also teams need to waive players to make room for ones picked up so sometimes teams don't bother. Just pointing out that it didn't HAVE to be offered. Heck the other 29 teams in the NHL would probably pay DD $6-7M to have him so why not just sign him to that?
Except you actually have to #1, be willing to part with 4 first round draft choices because Drew's salary almost assuredly would be in the range for that type of draft choice compensation, #2 actually have 4 first round draft choices available in succession, #3 structure a contract in such a way the Kings could not/would not want to match, #4 be a team that Drew would actually want to sign with if the Kings don't match, #5 want to be that GM/team that breaks the unspoken rule about signing other team's RFAs to offer sheets. When you factor in all that, those 29 teams turn into what? Zero. But hey, I guess it's not too late for that single offer sheet to come in that Drew would sign.

Back to AMart, and my last post on this since it's not related to the OP anymore, the Kings don't decide if it's a 2-way contract after arbitration. The arbiter does. I'm sure DL took that all into account when he offered Alec the 2 year 1 way deal.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote