View Single Post
Old
08-01-2011, 08:47 AM
xxxZENxxx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
The only problem is that we are unlikely to get Parise unless he purposely leads the Devils to believe they can sign him just to make sure that his new team would not be weakened by having to surrender assets to get him. Not sure if he's that tricky.

What I think will happen is that Lou will try to negotiate until February, then will deal him away for whatever assets he can get, which will be significant.

I would gladly trade Anisimov, Kreider, McDonagh and a #1 for Parise, assuming we first sign him, but we will never have a chance to do that because of the rivalry. But I assume another team would be willing to give up 3-4 good young players/prospects for Parise.

The only way we get Parise is if he is dead set on hitting free agency, and even then we are in the mix with another half a dozen teams trying to outbid us.
What is interesting about that package is that Lou might not be able turn it down, no matter what the rivalry issue is. I'm not sure many teams can offer a 2nd line center, a future blazing fast LW stud, a future #1 D, and a first. I wonder if Slats would even have the canaries to offer that much.

Last edited by xxxZENxxx: 08-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.
xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote