View Single Post
Old
08-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
At the trade deadline, if Gillis wanted to trade for a younger impact player which of these three would be the most benifical to the Canucks as a team?

Jordan Stall to centre our 2nd line and Kesler to move to RW?

Drew Stafford to play RW on the Kesler line?

Jonathon Blum to paired with Edler as a RD?

All three players would be considered above average and important players to their respictive teams, but none are first line players for their team and would not be considered a franchise level player for their team. Thus each could be considered tradeable for a fair return without the need for overpayment.
Staal played a very key role in the Pens Cup victory a couple years ago. He's one of the best checking centers in the game, in fact, he could probably play up anywhere else. He may or may not be a part of the long-term plans there but he most certainly is a key cog who is unlikely to be moved at this point.

Stafford was a guy whose name came up all the time in years past, but not anymore. He had a big year for the Sabres, and if I'm not mistaken, didn't they re-sign him? Either way, with Pegula running the show in Buffalo, they've gotten pretty serious about winning, and I can't see them moving him for futures.

Until Weber and Suter are re-signed/traded/replaced, I don't think Blum goes anywhere. They have d-men in spades, but Blum is something of a proven quantity at this level whereas a guy like Ellis is not. Not to mention they already traded Franson and let O'Brien go...

Bullet Tooth Tony is offline   Reply With Quote