View Single Post
Old
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Coming in from out of town for a game and staying near the airport. Question is this: How is the public transportation? Can I get to the city from the airport, then to the arena for a game, and then BACK to the airport area to my hotel without renting a Car? We'll be in for less than 24 hrs.

Is renting a car a better option? Thanks! And you guys are gonna LOVE Jake Voracek.
The public transportation in Philly is IMHO somewhere between okay and good, but not great. It is possible to get to the city and subsequently to the Wells Fargo Center from the Airport if you allot yourself the proper amount of time.

I know there's a regional rail line at the airport which would get you to the city. It takes you to 30th street station, where you can then hop on the Market-Frankfort (blue) line to the very center of the city and then you can take the subway (orange) line south to the arena.

There might be a more direct route that I'm not aware of offhand. Check out www.septa.org for routes, scheduling and prices.

As for renting a car, this alternative is probably easiest. The airport is just off I-95, and all you have to do to reach the sports complex where the arena is located is travel I-95 north to the Broad street exit. The drive from the airport to the sports complex is usually less than 15 minutes.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote