View Single Post
Old
08-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well, Ryan Miller lost two of his top four in the offseason

I think of those four, only Rinne had a crazy defensive team in front of him. The Rangers D had gaps, big ones. The Canadiens were decimated by injury in front of Price. Buffalo lost their defense in free agency before the year began. And Boston's D was not exactly huge for them until the later rounds of the playoffs.

We can argue all day, but to me, if you based it off of JUST this season... Thomas, Rinne and Luongo (note Vezina nominees) beat Price.

If it was based off a reasonable sample size (a few seasons) and factoring in performance to date, you have to give Miller and Lundqvist nods over him too (and maybe even Brodeur, he's only had one down year).

Now if I were to project out 2-5 years, then of course, Price and others jump up, but for all we know Alex Auld will be the best NHL goalie in 2-5 years Stranger things have happened. See Thomas, Tim.
Sure, and Luongo deserved the Conn Smythe trophy this past season!? Harumph! If the Canucks had had the B.C. boy, they might have been drinking champagne.