View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I think people are panicking way too much here. Yes, it isn't ideal, but this isn't that bad of a situation.

1. Shea chose a 1 year deal. That means he wants to be here, but wants Poile to prove that we are dedicated to winning. I have no issue with that. Shea choosing 1 year means he wants to stay in Nashville, and is using his power to try to get the scoring help we need. Can you blame him? If any of us had the leverage to force Poile to make a move for offense I think we would take it. Weber wants Nashville to be successful.

2. Barring a trade, he is still ours at the end of the day. No matter what is awarded, we have the money this year, and its a one year deal, so we can negotiate next season. Because we have so much space to the cap floor, There is quite literally no realistic award we could not take on. Shea will still be a Predator if he wants to be, and judging by the one year decision, he wants to be.

3. The arbitrator will likely split the difference in our demands, and there is a decent chance that this price will be cheaper than one we could have negotiated.

Calm people. It's not like Shea is gone. It's taking awhile, but he's still a Pred, and he's still our captain.
So that's what it's come to that we now have to stick pins in David Poile voodoo doll to get him to get this team some offense. Geez!!!