Thread: Prospect Info: Jets 2011 Top-20 Prospects #7
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Going with O'Dell again here.

I'm not sold on Machecek and as Le Golie touched on between him and Maxwell, I personally like Maxwell better. But, I can't vote for Machecek here because I personally think he'll be a career AHL'er or fringe checking line guy at the NHL level, where as O'Dell in my opinion carries pretty strong top 6-9 scoring potential, though he isn't proven at the AHL level yet, so I can see why Machecek would get votes here.

It's a big year for O'Dell, I think. If he can have a solid year in the AHL, I think his stock rises a lot. If he is healthy, and by all indications he is, he should be a good one, I think. Still can't believe he was 9 picks shy of being a 1st round pick by Anaheim in 2008 after playing just 26 OHL games. That is so impressive to me, and says a lot about the player.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-02-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote