View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Other way around. He missed the first half of the season as he had his heart procedure at or near the end of last summer I believe it was, it was in the offseason nonetheless. So, he missed the first half of the season (returned December 10th) and dominated upon his return.

That is what intrigues me here, is he didn't play, play well, then miss time. He missed time, returned, and played extremely well. Which leads me to believe at this point in time, he is healthy and in good condition to be playing hockey. Will this issue effect him down the road? maybe, who knows. But as of right now he looks good.

Here are his game-by-game stats. Which are so impressive for a player who missed as significant amount of time as he did.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/r...9/ls_season/42
I think you're under estimating how serious his health issues could be at the NHL level. We're talking about a heart issues, not a broken arm. The speed of the game is a lot faster and the conditioning of the players is a lot better. Having that hole in his heart could possibly be a big stumbling block for O'Dell. I would of ranked him a lot higher, but until he's pretty much proven he can handle the daily grind of the NHL, he'll continue to be passed by other prospects IMO. It's just too risky to assume he'll ever have an NHL career, much less a normal life. I'll definitely be paying close attention to his health this season.

Last edited by Paradise: 08-02-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote