View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
gravyface

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
He isn't molasses slow, but he's slow. It's almost like he doesn't understand aerodynamics or something. I think part of it comes from his lack of hockey IQ. He looks slow because he isn't completely sure where to be, and it takes him a second to make that decision. His first step still isn't that great, and his stride could use some work. I don't think his backwards skating is terrible, but it still isn't great. He is fine provided he doesn't have the puck stolen off of his stick at the blueline by a skater with any kind of speed. If he's having to chase after a fresh skater with even average speed you had better hope he can lay down on the ice and his reach is enough to knock the puck off of the stick. Otherwise it's going to be a solid scoring chance.

And I agree that the scouts who have written some of those reports are really hyping Franson up. The positive comments about his offense are pretty much all true. He does have good offensive instincts. His defense is average, and his overall skating is bad.

I think this sums it up nicely:
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...ake-on-franson

gravyface is offline   Reply With Quote