View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I think you're under estimating how serious his health issues could be at the NHL level. We're talking about a heart issues, not a broken arm. The speed of the game is a lot faster and the conditioning of the players is a lot better. Having that hole in his heart could possibly be a big stumbling block for O'Dell. I would of ranked him a lot higher, but until he's pretty much proven he can handle the daily grind of the NHL, he'll continue to be passed by other prospects IMO. It's just too risky to assume he'll ever have an NHL career, much less a normal life. I'll definitely be paying close attention to his health this season.
I'm not underestimating anything. As I said, he is healthy and in good condition to be playing hockey. Will this issue effect him down the road? maybe, who knows. One thing that is clear is he has resumed playing, which indicates right now, today, doctors deem him a healthy enough individual to play the game, which is a huge plus. He will be monitored closely his entire career, and likely life. I have little worries about his condition until it proves something to be worried about.

As I said, it may or may not effect him down the road, I understand that. But, what I do know is as of today, he is a healthy and fit athlete playing the game of hockey, and I am choosing to rate him as just that. His skills are far superior to Machecek in my opinion, and i'll gladly rate him accordingly until he proves me wrong.

My cousin has the same issue, i'm well aware of what it is.

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-02-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote