View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
People get too carried away with positive one-liners from beat writers and people in the organization. Pashnin "turned a lot of heads" with his relentless physical play, but he also demonstrated very poor positioning, decision making, and was often caught on the ice for very long shifts due to those reasons.

He's an excellent physical presence, but unless he seriously improves the rest of his game -- you know, the part where he defends the puck -- he's not likely to be much more than a #6 d-man. If pointing out that he has serious holes in his game rubs people the wrong way, then it's time for those people to stop being hypocritical.
If he were a excellent physical precense I would be very high on him -- but that is a big questionmark for me. I've seen him like a handful of games, and in those he has been as physical as say Girardi.

It's definitely possible that the NA ice will bring more out of him. He has good lateral movement and I've seen him line people up, he is good at catching his guy.

But besides his physical game he is pretty good with the puck etc. He is a headsup player and his positioning is fine. I don't think you can get a good read on a kids positioning in a prospect game, it's havoc up n down type of hockey. Nobody knows each other etc.

But Kaspar II talk, I wanna see him hit people on a regular basis before I believe it.

The kid is a decent prospect. Reminds me some of Hjalmarsson in Chicago. Good hitter. Decent player. But the competition is very tough and Pashin has a lot to prove.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote