View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 04:38 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
This. But I do think if you put Price on the Bruins he would be the best goaltender in the league.
I think any of the top 5 and even maybe some of the top 10 would have definitely done great things on this past years Bruins teams. Point is though Thomas is the one who did. We can't go based on what if's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
Agree with this 100%. Anyone who don't see Thomas as being the best goalie in the league right now haven't watched much hockey in the past year. Sure he have an unorthodox style but I don't think any other goalie in this league, including Price, could have carried the Bruins the way Thomas did last year no matter what some people believe here. Also I agree that Price is exactly where he should be at this point in his career. Price has all the potential in the world and still just 23 years old so he have plenty of time to develop into one of if not the best goalie in the league in a couple of years.
You know what I think others could have but I just think Thomas did it in such great fashion. People say he flops around like a seal. That unorthodox "seal stance" won the cup. Not stand up or butterfly. He's a great athlete and even though he's a B and a doofus like the rest of them as a player I have a lot of respect for him. He's in his late 30s never really been anything before that first Vezina really, and look how much he's accomplished as of late. 2 vezina's and a cup, and he did it on his own terms. He had a good team in front of him but they all do at the end of the day. Even the injured habs are direly underrated as is our coaching.

At the end of the day though Thomas did what he did not Rinne, not Price, so while I respect all three goalies a lot Thomas is the #1 goalie for right now.

In terms of value I'd say Price is #1.

Think about what makes Crosby so great. Sure he has immense high end talent, but it's the mere fact of what he's accomplished at such a young age. Price is no Crosby, but he could won day have an impact on this team in an identical way perhaps even better. Not saying he's going to post 40 shutouts a season. I could see Price putting up 15 though even with a solid D in front of him. Call me crazy but he's got the actual technique down to a tee. Anytime he has an area of weakness or so it seems... he doesn't anymore after a while. To develop so rapidly for a young goalie I'm very happy. I think a lot of people are now starting to realize Price is a superstar who could be the #1 goalie in the league for many years to come.

In terms of value I'd rank him #1.

Last edited by neofury*: 08-02-2011 at 04:47 PM.