Thread: Speculation: Liar, Liar, Pants on fire!
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 04:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
But who can blame Weber? Poile is not committed to getting a top tier player, which we need. Not Mike Fisher good, Parise/Ryan/Carter good. Once Poile stops being such a scared wuss and gets someone Weber will see the commitment, but not until then. I dont wanna hear "who would we give up" a deal can be worked out. We have way toooooo many prospects and NHL ready players.
I agree that we have pieces, but do we have the pieces those teams not only need, but want? Are we the only team? If not, are the other teams willing to overpay? If we have to overpay, does the cost effectively negate the return? What if the forward we want has a NTC or NMC? Does the player want to even come here? Does he fit our system, and if not is he good enough to make up for not fitting the system by creating his own magic? What about injury history? Is the contract able to be insured? We haven't even gotten to money yet. I want see a move as bad as anyone to get a top-end forward, but there are more variables than just "Poile is too scared to take a risk".