View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 05:28 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
This is the crux of my argument against eminger being tagged with the veteran role. He hasn't played over 70 games in a season ever. In the last 5 seasons he has only played over 50 games 3 times. He has 5 playoff games to his his credit in his entire career.

If fans want to keep him around because he's cheap that's one thing but to make him out as a vet because he has been through the rigors of several NHL campaigns is just not the case with this guy.

A player that meets my criteria for a vet is a vet no matter if he wants to mentor other players or not. So I do agree with you Wolf on that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Being a veteran isn't just beneficial from a "mentoring" perspective though. It's about the player having the experience of having been through the motions before. Knowing what to expect throughout the course of an 82 game season, and also the playoffs. There's a certain familiarity/comfort factor involved with having that experience. These are attributes that younger & more inexperienced players might not yet possess. Speaking generally here... I don't think Eminger is a big difference maker, but he's certainly a good depth guy and I like that he's willing to play a physical brand of hockey.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote