View Single Post
Old
08-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Blackjack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Yup... Been saying this for a while now. Lou has had a series of questionable moves since the lockout. He has proven to be a bad GM under the new CBA and hasn't been able to control his payroll well or make good roster decisions. He's still living on his past reputation. I argued this in a thread a few weeks ago when a Devils' fan said that Lou has a great history and won't question his decisions. I think he's proven enough now that every one of his decisions should be questioned.

He still continues to get a free pass from too many. Even after the Rolston trade the justification was that it wasn't a bad signing because they got something for him in a trade. All they got was a smaller buyout.

Lou's a HOF GM who needs to retire. Everyone eventually reaches their expiration date no matter how great they once were. Lou seems to be past his. A great GM in the past era. Too many questionable and below-average moves in today's era.
Think what you want about Lou, this team just missed the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. I've disagreed with a handful of his moves since the lockout, but most of them were forced by circumstance, like losing two hall of fame defensemen in two years.

Guy does a great job drafting young talent, and has moved aggressively to fix personnel problems (like the move this thread is about). I like White, and he deserved better, but Lou has acknowledged that the defense needs to be more dynamic and plugged into the offense. For God's sake, if anyone watched our powerplay this year, we typically had two forwards on the point. That a symptom of disastrous inability from the blueline.

As good as White was last year, he is probably the least likely to contribute to the transition game and get on the scoresheet. Guys like Taormina and Larsson will not step on the ice and defend as well as White did. But they will learn, and they are already more offensively able.

I like that Lou is not just playing it safe and avoiding mistakes. No guts, no glory.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote