View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I don't think it's guaranteed that Weber doesn't want to stay. I think he's seen very little from ownership/Poile that suggests the team is ready to get aggressive towards building a winner. If they showed to Weber that they are interesting in winning now (showing with assets and $$ and not just lipservice), then I think he'd have signed longer term.

The Preds have one of the best farm systems in the league. But that doesn't help win Cups now. I posted this in another thread, but Weber might have seen those trades for Richards/Carter and realized that Poile isn't the type to pull the trigger on a big deal. And if that's the case, it's difficult to imagine the Preds obtaining an immediate impact player utilizing the farm system and younger players, which is what I think it takes to make a Cup run.
I really hope Weber isnt that limited in his insight. I think anyone who believes that this team and ownership arent committed to winning is just wrong.

But this team and ownership arent committed to the kind of wild and crazy moves you see teams with loads of cash throwing around. Most of the time teams that swing for the fences like that DONT end up getting the result they planned for.

Look at the teams who are really good year after year... as much as it pains me to say it, look at Detroit... they dont go crazy with trades or UFA signings as a general rule. then look at New Jersey... sold the farm for Kovalchuk... and not only did they suck last year they now appear to be on the verge of losing Parise.

I think Weber is going to chill and see how this season unfolds, and so should we. Poile will add a good piece when he can. And we can have this discussion again next summer