View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Well, we are approaching the 20th anniversary of our acquisition of "The Captain", and I believe their are some similarities of the aforementioned deal, and our signing of a one Mr. Brad Richards.

Richards, like Messier, brings a strong veteran presence to the locker room. Both are play-making centers, however Messier had a stronger nose for the net. Both are proven winners, having won Stanley Cups in the past.

Both were acquired as the team was on the way up, having strong core players already in place.

So, will the result be the same? Will Richards bring us a Stanley Cup?

Only time will tell, but I have to say, I like our chances!

**Also in this thread: Comparisons of the two franchises, both now, and in 1991. Any discussion of players would be based on 1991 opinions of that player, NOT 1994**
you really should have included the roster from 91. without it, you know this is just going to end up a Messier vs Richards thread because that's how you named the thread. Everyone will say "oh course Messier" I'd even go so far as to do your own comparison to get the ball rolling.

here, you can start here.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000481992.html
I'll say we ain't gonna have no 100 pt. defenseman this season (Leetch) or even a 70 pt one at that (Patrick)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote