View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 10:54 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Zubov played in Russia and it was not known if he would come to America.

MDZ played an NHL SEASON, A COMPLETE ONE and couldnt make the team the following year on a rookie defense team.

MDZ might turn into a nice player, but you are hoping he turns into Zubov is like hoping callahan turns into Messier. Just because they are both good leaders and a forward and Callahan is a future captain and can pot the goals, does NOT mean he will be a Messier.

Same argument. Stop over glamoring our prospects. It does NO GOOD FOR THEM and. If and when he falls from the argument that he will not be a Zubov, you are gonna be all upset and throw him into every trade proposal on this board.

So lets just leave it as MDZ needs to prove himself as an NHL PLAYER before we can mock him up to one of the greats..

You are a VERY biased fan. You should take off your homer glasses and realize he is a PROSPECT.

I guess Kreider will be better than Adam Graves, no? I mean, he is touted as a big kid who can score.
First off it is HFBoard. Do you know what HF stands for? Exactly.
You have no idea why MDZ was sent down and you are already writing him off. You haven't seen Zubov playing in NY, I am sure. I have. MDZ looks better. Zubov did not impress very much. No one would argue he was solid, but when he was traded it was like when Tyutin (closest to Zubov) was traded. Don't get me wrong, Zubov's trade was a mistake, but it was in hindsight. That is why I was against Tyutin's trade.
MDZ, IMO, may not reach Leetch greatness, but he is certainly can challenge Zubov's.

The comparison to Messier is not fair. Messier came in here as a future HOF to lead a pretty talented young group, while Richards comes to a very much mediocre team with no intentions to take over really. The similarity, as far as I remember, was both have had health concerns. That is where it ends, I guess. Mess came to take this team to the next level. Nothing will take 2011 Rangers anywhere. Richards is to sustain us at best. We should be happy if team makes a playoffs with him.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote