View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wingman View Post
I'm not sure if either of you are being sarcastic, but...

It's this signing that finally set them over the edge? People seem to forget the pieces that they lost while trying to get under the cap. I think they're just like the other top teams in the West...Van, San Jose, LA, Chicago, Detroit...all pretty equal IMO.

The Wings have probably taken a step back because of age, but this signing and other off-season moves haven't really made the Hawks a better team IMO. Sharp is a quality player, but I never doubted for a second that he'd re-sign in Chicago.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure who this signing sets them up to be much more than they are now. They struggled to make the playoffs last year. This year, Crawford is still unproven, and while they're a hell of a lot scrappier this year than they were last, losing Campbell is a much bigger deal than people are making it out to be, simply because of the salary that was moved as a result. They also lost Brouwer and Kopecky who, while not exactly huge pieces to the puzzle, weren't exactly upgraded with additions like Brunette and Olesz.

Its the Sharks that worry me a lot more with their additions of Handzus, White, and Burns, and with Couture moving up the ranks with lightning speed.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote