View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 02:54 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'm not sure which is less rational ... the arbitration process or our fanbase....(snip)

Not every deal goes your team's way. Not every contract negotiation goes smoothly. Not signing the biggest name on the market is not a definitive sign that a team isn't committed to winning.
I agree with the bottom line you are advocating here: This team wants to win the Cup, and believes their system can do it without spending past the mid-point. Do they want to have $21M of salary tied up in 3 players?? That is where you are headed if you give Weber $7M.

I think it was almost inevitable one of the holy trinity (Weber, Suter, Rinne) would be lost in the next two years. Do I think that GMDP went into this off-season planning on that being Shea? No, I think he believed they would come to terms and the crisis would come next off season. But, if thru miscues and misunderstanding between the new agent puffing Shea up or DP just misreading his position, it ends up being Shea, one man does not a franchise make. Many of us will be hugely disappointed, no doubt about that. There will be recriminations and blame apportioned at some point. Some will believe it, some won't. There is a reason I don't buy a player jersey-- I buy a TEAM jersey.

Last edited by darth5: 08-03-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fat fingers