View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Believe it or not...

Ranford and Akeson are probably the only forwards (outside of Couturier and Schenn obviously) that have the potential to be more than just third line forwards.

You also have to stop saying "bottom six." Bottom six doesn't exist.

There is a fourth/checking line and there are average/mediocre/role-playing/complimentary forwards that play up and down an NHL top nine. We have a ton of prospects that project to be that guy including Nodl, Wellwood, Read, Testwuide, etc.

Ranford and Akeson are the only ones with more potential than that, but I doubt they ever realize anything more than that. It's certainly a long shot. They could both however end up very good third line forwards.

So don't make it out to seem like everyone's excited about players because they're "overrating" them.

Like Nodl...people seem to think that I believe he's some important and offensively gifted winger for our team. No, I like Nodl because of what he brings to the table. I like Read because I see him fitting well on our wing as a low-key/cheap complimentary forward.

People overreact and look for things to overreact to far too much around here.
agreed.

but im wondering why you left out cousins? His ceiling is probably higher than Ranford, and maybe even akeson

(like you said though, reaching their ceiling is a long-shot)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote