Thread: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Suter is more like a really good two way guy...moreso than anyone on the Rangers. Can put up around 40 points while playing #1 shutdown minutes.

Yes it'd probably serve them better to get more of an offensive type defenseman, but Suter is reallllllly freaking good and would basically make any defense in the league better.

The cost to get Weber would be astronomical and require that the Rangers send their best prospects as well as one or two of their best young forwards
I think I'd rather wait a year to try and get Suter rather than trade off a number of really good players and prospects for Weber. I know on the trade board they have something like Dubinsky, Kreider, MDZ and our 2012 1st for Weber--which wouldn't work anyway with what we have for cap space but takes our best left wing and best left wing (if not best) prospect.

Just to add--if Nashville doesn't like Weber's contract this year--they're not going to like doing it all over again next year and with Suter to deal with at the same time. Seems fairly likely that they're going to move one or the other.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote