View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
uncleodb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
All depends on the pressure, if you get it back to you in the corner see if you have the option to take it behind the net by either carrying it or just throwing it around the boards if you have a player there. Of course doing what you were doing is also an option aslong as you got a winger there and you know they can get it atleast out of the zone or close enough to breakup a play.

@uncleodb - Didnt read if you were in beer league or not, but youll find almost noone likes to play D in them. This leads to people just not caring, or not aware of what they need to do, so as a legit dman you will get hung out to dry alot, but no worries your goalie will feel that pain too so you arent alone!
I started playing hockey when i was in college, so I have only played non-competitive recreational hockey for 10+ years now. I have joined a low level league starting in the fall (first time for me). You're right on; since I've been playing non-competitively, I'm hung out to dry alot. I'm hoping this will change though with the league.

uncleodb is offline   Reply With Quote