View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I tend to agree with this. However, to play Devil's advocate, Weber does fill a role that we sorely lack at the moment - PP shooter. While I believe that adding Richards as the PPQB will improve our PP dramatically, a PP unit with Richards and Weber manning the points would undoubtedly be one of the top in the league. You wouldn't acquire Weber just to improve the team's defense. He's a guy that has scored 16 goals, 16 goals, and 23 goals in the last three years as a defenseman (while adding 32, 27, and 30 assists), while being one of the most physically intimidating players in the league.

When you figure Parise could be a UFA next July 1st, while Weber would cost significant assets, Parise would make even more sense. However, the virtues of Shea Weber should not be downplayed.
I'm gonna second this. A staal-weber pairing would be amongst the best in the league. Defense wins championships. Parise would be great but we could probably go get a guy who is half the player parise is (which is still saying a lot) and be more successful then if we grabbed parise and didn't add a player of webers character. Unfortunately, none of our dmen are going to be a Weber anytime soon. I think our blueline is fantastic, but adding weber would put us in championship mode.

Besides the fact that I pretty much think Parise is a pipedream and Webers salary is pretty big right now.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote