View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
I think you calling them lucky is unfair
I call it like I see it. They were lucky, same way Montreal was lucky last year.

Any team that wins the Cup is lucky. Some teams need more luck than others, but even for the best team in the league, the odds are against you at the start of the playoffs.

Quote:
against Montreal overall Boston had the better of the play, 5 on 5 Boston dominated Montreal, only because your PP got red hot was it a series
Montreal outplayed Boston overall, and especially in games 1-5 (Boston did dominate games 6 and 7 once Montreal ran out of bodies). Montreal actually controlled the play more 5-on-5, especially with the score tied when neither team was motivated to sit back.

The main reason Boston ended up outscoring Montreal so much at evens is because Thomas stood on his head. And the main reason Boston didn't score on the PP is Price standing on his head there. But Montreal was the better club for most of the series. They even ended up with one more goal than Boston, or tied if you count the empty-netter. They also had a 3-1-3 record for the series.

And that wasn't even the worst. Tampa didn't "maybe deserve a better fate". They utterly crushed the Bruins. Roloson blew it for them.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but this team is going to be a strong Cup contender for years, we are young, talented, not cap strung like some teams, and now have the confidence.
We'll see, but I doubt it. They don't have much depth, especially on D. Their second pairing D-men would be third-pairing D-men on many playoff teams, including Montreal. While it's fine to enjoy a fantastic year, I think you may need to step back a bit and re-assess the amount of talent on the Bruins club. It is not a bad team by any stretch, but it's not an elite club either.