View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
I've been saying this for quite a while now but without the ~15 games AK played with Gomez last season, he would have got a pretty decent season. He has a PPG rate of around 0.70 when he played with either Plek or Eller so that would have give him a 55 pts season which is exactly what we are expecting from him.

He also improved his defensive game a lot.. so much that Martin even use him (when he was playing well) to close games from time to time.. I think he is one of our leaders in empty net goals.

I remember really well he was our leader in +/- with +12 after 50 games or so until JM decides to put him back with Gomez... to see him dropping from +12 to +4 with -8 in 6 games. Martin kept Gomez and AK together for 8 games, where AK got 0g, 0a and -8. AK was then demoted to the third line with Eller and Moen and went on a hot streak with 9 points in 7 games with limited icetime.

So, even if he's really gonna start the season on the third line with Eller, I'm still really excited to see what that line can do and I hope JM uses DD instead of Moen on the other wing.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote