View Single Post
Old
08-03-2011, 11:29 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
I sincerely hope that this kid is brought along properly. The last time I saw a defenseman similar to Griffin Reinhart heading into his draft year (with the exception of maybe Jared Cowen pre-knee injury), Erik Johnson went first overall to the St Louis Blues. If not for him being maybe rushed along a little too quickly and having some unfortunate setbacks, EJ was bound for a great career.

I see alot of the same for Reinhart. This guy's the real deal, and even though he will start out the season behind at least one (maybe two or three) other WHL defenders, at the end of the day he does have the most attractive overall upside. Ryan Murray is the "safe" pick, Griffin Reinhart is the "sexy" pick. Give this guy a year or two of development in the 'dub after he's drafted, and he could very well be a franchise-type defenseman in the NHL.

EDIT: I should fix my paraphrasing ... by "like Griffin Reinhart," I mean having the size, skill, toughness, shot, and skating ability. There have been guys with some of those tangibles, but Reinhart looks to have them all.
It will be an interesting year for Reinhart. I know I will be checking him out quite a bit this year. Hopefully he can make the jump to being a top pairing player on the Oil Kings. I think he has the tools to do so, its just a matter of him pulling it altogether and being solid in both zones. Once he is able to recognize and breakdown plays, the rest should be pretty easy for him. He has a ton of talent, just needs to be tweaked and educated on the finer points of playing defense.

I think Murray will likely be the first player gone from the Dub, but I'll venture a guess and say Reinhart will go 2nd from the Dub. 5-8, overall, is likely the range.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote