View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The traffic to a 7pm game was never bad when the isles weren't selling out...I doubt much would be different. They would at least match what they do in Hartford and be closer to home.

You're assuming that all the prices would be the same for an AHL team as the current prices the Islanders run. Parking would probably be free or very cheap. Tickets would start at something like $10, maybe less since they'd never sell out. Concessions and merchandise would be AHL prices not NHL prices
You're talking about an Arena in one of the most expensive areas in the country. They are not going to move a minor league team that's part of the Rangers organization into that Arena to replace the Islanders. And they are not going to give it away if they are stupid enough to do it.

And like I said, I don't own a car. As far as I can remember, LIRR doesn't stop there. Hence, it's a hassle. And if the Isles move to Brooklyn or Queens I won't go. I watched my family mourn the loss of the Brooklyn Dodgers all my life and went to school near Cleveland and know how miserable it was for them to lose the Browns too. I'm not going to give my money to carpetbaggers.

Bottom line: I hope the Isles stay on the Island.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote