Thread: Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Michael Ryder (2 years, $3.5M)
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Benn was already essentially the offensive equal of Richards last season: he only scored .09 5v5 PTS/60 less. That's nothing. Richards' prodigious production was mostly siphoned off from excessive PP time, a PP he failed to make dangerous.
To equalize them, you have to whittle this down using a pretty stupid stat. You could do the same thing for a lot of great players. Of course Richards got a lot of his points on the power play. That's where most every great player gets a big chunk of their points. Setting aside powerplay production makes no sense. That's as much a part of the game as even strength.

Can Benn produce as much as Richards on the power play? We don't know. It would be great, but that's a pretty high bar to set. I applaud your optimism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Benn isn't being overhyped. He's being hyped, because he's ****ing good and likely to get better. If you disagree you can always run along back to TSF and resume jerking off to Richards' glorious memory.
Jerking off? Sorry, but subtracting the team's best forward and replacing him with assumed greatness won't do much to make me stir. I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend this team won't miss a beat and that somehow subtracting good players is worth defending. No, my little Stars fan won't ever stand up to celebrate the loss of talent.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote