View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMan View Post
It will be an interesting year for Reinhart. I know I will be checking him out quite a bit this year. Hopefully he can make the jump to being a top pairing player on the Oil Kings. I think he has the tools to do so, its just a matter of him pulling it altogether and being solid in both zones. Once he is able to recognize and breakdown plays, the rest should be pretty easy for him. He has a ton of talent, just needs to be tweaked and educated on the finer points of playing defense.

I think Murray will likely be the first player gone from the Dub, but I'll venture a guess and say Reinhart will go 2nd from the Dub. 5-8, overall, is likely the range.
That's a fair estimate on his draft range, I think. His stock may rise above Murray's, if he has a great year ... which may very well happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
I liked Cowen's defence better. Skating and offence goes to Reinhart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Really?

Cowen's is a really good skater imo, is Reinhart's skating actually better at 16?
I haven't seen Reinhart play but I'll try to catch his games this season.
I think their skating is similar, having seen alot of both of them. Cowen was actually a very highly touted skater prior to his knee injury, and really started to show that off again this past season as the knee got stronger. Cowen's offense also gets underrated at times, one thing people have to remember is that his scouting report coming into the WHL was that he was a strong offensive player that needed defensive work - something he prided himself on improving. With Reinhart, I do think there is more offensive upside there, but on the contrary, I think his defensive game gets underrated; we have to remember that he played for a pretty weak Edmonton team this past year.

He's really a solid player all around. I don't think he'll dominate in any one area, but he certainly looks more than capable of playing nearly any role he's needed to.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote