View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
It's more than a top-6 of 2nd liner. It's a top-6 of 2nd liners with, in some case, excellent defensive capability. Able to play disciplined and intelligent, in most case. Also, we have a few interesting penalty-drawers and a killer powerplay. It ain't that bad.
Oh believe me when I say this I wasn't at all trying to make it out to be bad. I was in fact defending it. And I actually agree with your response. But it is true what he's saying also, we don't have really any definite 1st line player unless Cammy can put up 80+ again and Plekanec 70+. I think it's possible but even then when you look at teams where the #1C is 90-100 points it's a crazy comparison. Obviously few teams have that but Plek putting up sub 70 to me is more of a 2nd line two-way center. If he puts up 70 I'd say he's right at the line where you become a true 1st liner.

That having been said though our 3rd line will be made up of 2nd line material. How can you go wrong? I'd rather have 3 2nd lines(with one having the potential to be a 1st) than one 1st line(guaranteed) and two 2.5-3rd type lines.

I think the balanced 3 scoring lines that teams like Boston and Philly use are the future of the sport. Philly didn't win the cup but had they addressed their goaltending need sooner rather than pretending it didn't exist they would have won the cup imo.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote