View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Avim86

vCash: 500
I don't understand it , Andrei demonstrated this year that even when playing with Gomez for 30 + games , he still finished 4th in points and 3rd in goals. He's improved tremendously defensively (trust me I noticed him) , all while being ranked 1st in hits and being shifted between 1st and 4th lines all season.

How about we look at the facts Andrei had his best season in 2007-2008 when he consistently played on a line with teammates that mesh with his style , not when he was dropped down to a defensive/3rd tier scoring line. As for all you statistic Junkies , Kostitsyn's 45 points last year were good for 118th in scoring , lets do the math here so 30 teams x 3 1st line players = top 90 right? So this means and wait for it... Statistically speaking Andrei is 28th among 2nd line players! I just don't get why so many people are ready to put him on the 3rd line due to a few good games with Eller. If anything their chemistry showed that Eller needs more ice time and Gomez needs less ice time.

I'm just befuddled by all the lack of hockey knowledge sometimes rampant around these boards it's almost like "do these people actually watch hockey?" or do they simply regurgitate what they hear and see on TV/internet. I don't know in which world you live in but in mine consistent 20-25 goal scorers do not belong on the 3rd line of an offensively anemic team.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote