View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
If you can guarantee that Weber is signed for at least the next 5 yrs at, at most $6mill/yr, yes, I'd make that swap in a second. I'm a huge Kesler fan and don't want to see him go anywhere, but contracts aside, there are a handful of players in the league I'd swap him for. Weber is one of them.

Weber is and will be one of the top-3 dmen in the game for a long time. It's like having Pronger before he hit his prime and still a total dominant force on the ice.

If you can get that franchise dman to build your defense around longterm, Kesler is a piece I'd give up.

Problem with value to the team here is with the contract. Kesler brings a great many things to the table, but the most difficult to replace is that $5mill cap hit for all the things he brings. That's HUGE value to the team. But if you can get that same value from a franchise player like Weber, I'd do that swap in a second.

Of course, best case scenario is that he signs here as a UFA. And until he signs that long term deal, there's still hope. I'm happy waiting 2 years to find out and keep Kesler in the process.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote